Apps We Love: Slack App
Slack App is an acronym for Searchable Log of All Conversation and Knowledge. It’s now valued at $7.1 billion and has more than eight million daily users as of 2018. We love this project management buisness app developed by a startup for startups or just about anyone who needs team collaboration tools that work.
Slack allows teams to communicate and collaborate in one place, making it easier to get more done together whether you’re working on a group project for class or if you own a small business or large corporation. Check off all those things on your dreaded to-do -list, brainstorm with your team, assemble your creative weapons and plan your attack together. Or, just write that copy your disgruntled coworker passive-aggressively mentioned earlier in the chat. We love that you can access it on any device, so if you’re on the go like us, it’s a perfect platform to help you get through your daily hustle.
We use Slack to:
- Communicate and organize your conversations by topic, project, or anything relevant to your needs
- Call or message any group or person on your team
Collaborate, share, and edit documents
- Integration of tools like Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and other services
- Search automatically indexed and archived past team conversations and files in a central knowledge-base
- Customizeable notifications to keep you focused on the task at hand
We also love their personal brand attitude and outlook, as demonstrated in their response to competition from Microsoft. Slack app with the clap back!
“When Microsoft introduced its own Slack competitor, called Microsoft Teams, in 2016, Slack took out a full-page newspaper ad offering advice. ‘We’re genuinely excited to have some competition,’ read the ad, signed ‘Your friends at Slack.’”-New York Times
This isn’t a paid review, just our personal opinion and use of the platform because we believe in empowering creatives and entrepreneurs like us. Download the app and get started on those projects piling up!